The Lord has opened a way for a third meeting with Yumbe Imams and Sheikhs. I rejoice that hearts have been touched for continual dialog on the topic of “Who Is Jesus?“. Our first two meetings were cordial with back and forth, intense but friendly discussion on the topic. I was kindly given the bulk of time to present the Bible’s view of Jesus and our call to trust in Him and follow him. Along with medicines and reading glasses, they each received a First Edition New Testament in their Aringa language,an ESV Global Study Bible, the book Seeking Allah Finding Jesus:A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity, Bible Stories in Arabic (until copies ran out), and gospel tracts/booklets in Arabic, Swahili, Aringa, and English as well as some personal handouts. We now have on hand at Reaching Africa’s Unreached just over 1,600 First Edition Aringa New Testaments for distribution in Yumbe District.
In this third meeting they will receive the outline below and some other copied materials. I also have Fouad Marsi’s booklets Is the Injeel Corrupted? and Adha in the Injeel for them. If all goes according to plan we should have 4-6 hours together which will include a meal which RAU is paying for. Since our time together is a dialog and not a debate I plan on using my opening address to share/preach from Mark 2:1-12. In our first two meetings I was allowed to speak first for 50 minutes.
The outline below will no doubt be helpful once our back and forth dialog occurs. I have openly stated before that I am with them as a friend who loves them, wants them to know Jesus and follow Him. I want to win them, not just an argument. God, in His loving providence, has orchestrated these unprecedented gatherings for His glory and to bring other sheep into fold.
I am praying and believing for a great outpouring upon the Aringa tribe which currently is around 99% Muslim. Please pray with me that the Lord will open eyes and that 1000’s upon 1000’s will be worshipers of the King of kings and Lord of lords!
Who Is Jesus?
Compiled by Jacob Lee
Thank you for your hospitality! As-salaamu Alaikum
Christians are friends to Muslims. They should respect one another.
- Surah 5:82“…you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers (Muslims) those who say, “We are Christians.”
- Jesus commands LOVE “And he (Jesus) said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40)
- From the prophet Isaiah 1:18: “Come on now, let’s discuss this!” says the LORD. “Though your sins are bright red, they will become as white as snow. Though they are dark red, they will become as white as wool.”
Both Christians and Muslims should read & study the Bible/Gospel (Injeel). The Quran urges Muslims to read about Isa (Jesus) in the Bible.
- Surah 10:94“So if you are in doubt, [O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters.”
- Surah 57:27 “…We sent after them Jesus son of Mary and bestowed on him The Gospel: and ordained in the hearts of those who follow him Compassion and Mercy…”
- Surah 2:136 “Say ye, We believe in God, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob and to the tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to all the prophets from their Lord.:…”
- Surah 5:46 “And We sent, following in their footsteps, Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming that which came before him in the Torah; and We gave him the Gospel, in which was guidance and light and confirming that which preceded it of the Torah as guidance and instruction for the righteous.” See also: Surahs 10:94 and 32:23.
- 2 Timothy 2:15 “Study to show yourself approved a workman who is not ashamed who rightly handles (studies) the word of God.”
- The authority of the Bible is no where questioned in the Quran but positively emphasized. See Surah 3:3– “He has sent down upon you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming what was before it. And He revealed the Torah and the Gospel.”
God who is all powerful will not allow his Word to be corrupted or changed. God forbid! He has power over all things! No person or government has the power to corrupt God’s Word.
- Surah 2:148 “…For Allah Hath power over all things…” See also: 15:9, 6:114-115, 18:27 and 10:64. The Qur’anic word “nazzal” used in 15:9 and 6:114 is the same word used in 5:44 for the Torah and Injeel.
- Jesus says in the Gospel “For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. (Matthew 5:18).
- Astaghfur ‘Allah! May God forbid that his Word could ever be tarnished by mere man. God has sent the Bible/Injeel and to say it has been altered by man is not to believe in the power of God. No one is stronger than God Almighty/Allah.
- The Bible existed without corruption in Muhammad’s day. The Quran instructs a person to go the “scriptures” , “Torah”, “Gospel”—Surahs 10:94, 3:3, 32:23, 5:46, 2:136, 57:27.If the Bible was corrupted or spoiled the Qur’an would not have told people to go to it.
- There are NO Surahs in the Qur’an that state the Bible which was in the hands of the Christians at the time of Muhammad had been corrupted. In Surah 2:79 the Qu’ran does speak of evil men who “sell it for gain”. The Qu’ran does not speak of altering it but refers to greedy sale of it. It is not about inserting material but the sale of it. In the previous Surah it says “illiterate men”. How could such men alter it? They could not.
- “TheDead Sea Scrolls are perhaps the greatest archaeological find of our time. Produced by Jewish monastic Essenes, the scrolls number about 800; 200 of which are of biblical material. In 1947, shepherds discovered them quite by accident in caves above the Wadi Qumran Valley, northwest of the Dead Sea. copies of Isaiah, written 1,000 years earlier than the previously oldest known copies have proven to be “word for word identical with our standard Hebrew Bible in more than 95 percent of the text. The five percent of variation consisted chiefly of obvious slips of the pen and variations in spelling.”
- “There are over 6,000 early manuscript copies or portions of the Greek New Testament in existence today. When we include the Latin Vulgate and other early versions, we have over 24,000 early copies or portions of the New Testament (twice that many when including quotes by early church fathers). Some of these date only twenty to thirty years from the original autographs. According to a former director of the British Museum, “The interval then between the dates of original composition and the earliest extant evidence becomes so small as to be in fact negligible, and the last foundation for any doubt that the Scriptures have come down to us substantially as they were written has now been removed. Both the authenticity and the general integrity of the books of the New Testament may be regarded as finally established.”” (Source: http://www.provethebible.net/T2-Integ/B-0801.htm )
- Conclusion: Evidence from both the Qur’an and existing Bible manuscripts which pre-date the Quran show that the Bible, both the Old and New Testament which we have today, is the same as what existed before Muhammad. God, Praise His Name, has faithfully preserved the Bible from corruption.
- Hebrews 1:1-3:“Long ago, at many times andin many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, But in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son (See articles on “Son of God”: “For My Muslim Friend” and “The Son of God in the Bible and Qu’ran” in this booklet), whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He (Jesus) is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he (Jesus) upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he( Jesus) sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high”
The Qur’an speaks of Jesus in 93 verses. TheQur’an always speaks in a positive way of Jesus and in some of the same ways the Bible speaks of him. A thing I like about Muhammad is that he pointed people to Jesus. The Qur’an and Bible both state Jesus:
- Is born of a virgin– Surah 19:20 & 21:91, Luke 1:27-35
- He is highly esteemed– Surah 3:45; Philippians 2:9
- Called the Word– Surah 3:39 & 4:171, John 1:1-2, Revelation 19:11
- Called the Messiah– Surah 3:45 & 4:171, John 1:41, 4:25-26
- He created life, healed the sick and raised the dead– Surah 5:113, John 21:25
- Considered to be a Prophet– Surah 19:30, John 4:19
- A Messenger– Surah 5:45, Sent-John 20:21
- Sign to Mankind not just Israel- Surah 19:34 & 21:91; Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8
- Is Without sin– Surah 19:19, John 8:45-46,Luke 1:32,35
- The Spirit of God (Ruhullah) – Surah 4:171, compare with Surah 58:22;Romans 8:9
- Jesus is now alive in heaven– Surah 4:158, Luke 24:50-53
- Jesus died and was raised up– [Jesus said,] “Peace be upon me the day I was born, the day I die, and the day I am raised up again alive.“ Surah 19:33. The same wording is used for the death of John the Baptist in Surah 19:15; “From that time Jesus began to show his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised” (Matthew 16:21, Mark 8:31,9:31, Luke 9:22,23:37). Predicted by the Prophets: Psalms 22:1-8 & Isaiah 53
- Jesus will return to judge-Surah 4:159 & 43:61, Matthew 25:31-46, Acts 10:42, 2 Timothy 4:8
- He came with clear proofs– Surah 43:63; John 5:36
- The Bible and Quran verses above present Jesus as MORE than JUST a prophet. He is revealed as unique, special, and one of kind!
The Bible also speaks of Jesus in the followings ways:
- the Creator– John 1:3,10
- the Word became flesh -John 1:14
- Son of Man- Mark 2:10, 10:45 compared to Daniel 7:13-14 where the “Son of Man” is worshiped and given everlasting dominion.
- God With Us, Immanuel– Matthew 1:23
- The Christ the Son of the living God- Matthew 16:13, Luke 1:35. Note: The “Son of God” is used 42 times in the New Testament/Injeel. (See articles on “Son of God”: “For My Muslim Friend” and “The Son of God in the Bible and Qu’ran” in this booklet).
- Called the “I AM” – John 8:59 (compare Exodus 3:14, God in the burning bush says His Name is “I AM”) I AM statements: 1) John 6:48- I am that bread of life.
2) John 8:12- Then spoke Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followed me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
3) John 10:9- I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
4) John 10:11- I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep.
5) John 11:25 -Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he was dead, yet shall he live.
6) John 14:6 -Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7) -John 15:1- I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman
- being worshiped– Luke 24:52
- called my Lord and my God– John 20:26-28
- one who forgives sin- Mark 2:1-12, 9:2, Matthew 26:28, Luke 7:48
- Chief Cornerstone: Ephesians 2:20
- Firstborn over all creation: Colossians 1:15
- Head of the Church:Ephesians 1:22,4:15,5:23
- King of kings and Lord of lords:1 Timothy 6:15, Revelations 19:16
- Light of the World: John 8:12
- Prince of peace:Isaiah 9:6
- Son of man:Mark 2:10 compare with Daniel 7:13-14
- Son of David: Matthew 1:1,9:27, 15:22
- Alpha and Omega (Beginning and End):Revelation 1:8,22:13
- Lord of All:Acts 10:36
- True God:1 John 5:20
- Author and Perfecter of our Faith:Hebrews 12:2
- Bridegroom:Matthew 9:5
- Deliverer:Romans 11:26
- Lamb of God:John 1:29
- Mediator:1 Timothy 2:5
- Rock:1 Corinthians 10:4
- Resurrection and Life:John 11:25
- Savior:Matthew 1:21, Luke 2:11
- Philippians 2:6-11 confirm the following facts:
1) Jesus was God while on the earth and at the same time took on human flesh
2) Jesus was the only person who ever lived on earth uniting the divine and human nature in a perfect way (See also-Romans 1:3-4)
3) Jesus, being the only sinless human, was able to offer Himself as a perfect sacrifice, dying on the cross for the sins of all those who believe and accept Him.
4) This was the mission of Jesus and He was perfectly obedient to it.
5) Jesus receives the highest Name ever; all people will have to bow to Him and accept His authority.
*Conversation between a Muslim and Christian concerning the Christian claim that Jesus is God:
“*Muslim: Jesus cannot be God; no human person can be God!
*Christian: Is there anything impossible for God?
*Muslim: No, God can do anything!
*Christian: If God would decide today to walk in a human body in front of your home and at the same time still control the whole universe would you be able to prevent God to do it?
*Muslim: No, nobody can hinder God to do what He pleases!
*Christian: Well, God decided in history to appear in a human body form on earth—and that person is called Jesus! How can you dare to say, this is not possible for God?”
(From: Ask Your Muslim Friend by Andreas Maurer)
As a follower of Jesus my hope is in Jesus to overcome death.
Jesus said: “I am the Resurrection and the life; whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die.”
*What is your hope and assurance of heaven?
*My old bones are at rest and I am peace with God! My faith and confidence are in Jesus’ merit, His forgiveness and resurrection.
*I do not have confidence in my good works to bring me to heaven.
*I trust in Jesus who loves me, washed me clean from my sins through His sacrificial death. His cleansing blood has removed my shame before God Almighty and brought me into the presence of a Holy, righteous and just God.
*Judgment Day is coming for us all.
*Place your trust in Jesus for your salvation.
*Ask Him to reveal Himself to you – He will!
*Put your trust in Jesus alone for salvation.
*I love you.
*I will continue to pray for you!
Thank you for your hospitality! As-salaamu Alaikum
For those who have asked, small packages and letters may safely be sent to:
Jacob & Carol Lee, PO. 55, Moyo Uganda, East Africa
Our “wish lists” may be found at Amazon (Click on the “Wish List” link and type in our name or email address)
The greatest evil is having the gospel and not doing everything within our power to get it to those who do not have it. May the Lord grant each of us His followers the wherewithal to be obedient disciples! Jacob W. Lee
Tax deductible charitable donations may be made via PayPal. PayPal also has a way to make reoccurring monthly gifts. To do so please click the PayPal link. PayPal deducts a small amount from each gift as a processing fee. All gifts given through PayPal are now tax deductible as Reaching Africa’s Unreached has 501 c3 tax exempt status as a charitable organization. If you wish to write a check you
One thought on “Third Meeting with Yumbe Imams and Sheikhs Forthcoming…please pray!”
Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations… Matt 28:19 Jacob, God has called you for this mission for His glory…you and your wife and your fellow pastors. You are so blessed to be able to do this. I am glistering in the Mission Fields of America, where Christians seem to be the minority. I pray for this country to turn their face back to God, and serve the Lord Jesus. Prayers always for your ministry. God Bless!
Comments are closed.