Here is an update on my efforts to raise funds, specifically for Aringa New Testaments. At the end of August I will send my co-worker Zora to buy as many NT’s as we have money for. As of today, August 2nd, we have funds to purchase 595 Aringa New Testaments (at the current exchange rate). For $2.40 a piece Reaching Africa’s Unreached (RAU) can purchase them, transport them to RAU from Kampala, and personally take them to Yumbe District and place them into the hands of a seeking Muslim or give them to a believer who does not have the Word of God in their own tongue.
To those who have already given, I say a big, “THANK YOU!” To those who have not, would you prayerfully consider doing so? I know there are many worthy places to give and no doubt you receive many appeals. In the midst of these appeals I unashamedly ask you to help purchase Aringa New Testaments! Why? Consider the following things as you ponder the privilege of being a part of distributing God’s Word in Aringa.
1. On the ground estimates from”people of the soil” are that the Aringa are 99% Muslim fitting them into the category of an “unreached people group”.
2. The first ever complete Aringa translation of the New Testament has only been out since June 2014.
3. The greatest gift and wisest investment is to give God’s Word to people in their own language. This is MOST especially true when they have NEVER had it in their own tongue! These New Testaments, bought and delivered for very little, bring about divine dividends ( Matt. 6:19- 21).
4. It is evident that the Lord is drawing the Aringa tribe to Himself. Their Imams and Sheikhs as well people on the streets and in the markets are listening to the gospel and ASKING for New Testaments. You can read about these “open doors” in earlier posts below.
5. I, along with RAU co-workers and fellow Aringa believers, have an open door of access to Imams, Sheikhs and to Muslims in their homes, on the streets/markets in both rural villages and the towns of Yumbe. Recently an Imam ask me for a New Testament and I had to tell him I had no more. I pray this door remains open, but it may not always be. We must work while it is day!
6. I personally commit before you and the Lord we will do everything in the power the Lord gives us to distribute these New Testaments to Aringa’s. Reaching Africa’s Unreached can be your hands and tongue in the midst of the Aringa.
I have said my piece and commit your leading into the Lord’s care. I am content in whatever decision you prayerfully make. Thank you and God bless!
Instruction on how to give may be found at our donation page below. Please make a notation with your gift: Aringa New Testaments.
For those who have asked, small packages and letters may safely be sent to:
Jacob & Carol Lee, PO. 55, Moyo Uganda, East Africa
Our “wish lists” may be found at Amazon (Click on the “Wish List” link and type in our name or email address)
The greatest evil is having the gospel and not doing everything within our power to get it to those who do not have it. May the Lord grant each of us His followers the wherewithal to be obedient disciples! Jacob W. Lee
Tax deductible charitable donations may be made via PayPal. PayPal also has a way to make reoccurring monthly gifts. To do so please click the PayPal link. PayPal deducts a small amount from each gift as a processing fee. All gifts given through PayPal are now tax deductible as Reaching Africa’s Unreached has 501 c3 tax exempt status as a charitable organization. If you wish to write a check you may write it out to R.A.U. and mail it to Lifegate Missions, 395 Lifegate Ln., Seguin Texas 78155