Here are some of our recent “Praise the Lord’s“. Please join us in thanking the Lord!
- We have had a total 7 different meetings with Aringa Muslim leaders,Sheikhs and Imams, where I have had opportunity to preach the gospel. They have received us warmly and were very hospitable. The Sheikhs and Imams have all received Bibles (Aringa NT’s, Arabic, and ESV Global Study Bibles) and Christian-Muslim apologetic reading materials as well as medicines and reading glasses. The Aringa Tribe is classified by the Joshua Project as a unreached people group with less than 2% of them claiming to be Christian. This has been confirmed by our Aringa co-workers and my experience traveling and preaching throughout Yumbe District. Pray! Intercede fervently!
- We just received our 5-year renewal of Ugandan NGO status. We are now working on extending our work permits. Any time we have success in such things it brings much praise to my heart and lips!
- A second bore hole is currently being drilled in a remote Metu mountain area where we have been doing gospel preaching and church planting. Access to clean water is a big need in the area. Praise God for the donor and East African Ministries who are doing the drilling work.
- All of RAU’s 17 acres now have fruit trees and vegetables planted on them. Lord willing, this will help bring income into the ministry and help make it more self-sustaining. RAU now has around 750 grafted mangoes, over 1500 banana plants, and many vegetables/grains of various sorts. The land is all fenced in well with barbed wire and t-posts so that the goats and other animals cannot wreck havoc.
- Our tukalus are being worked on to better facilitate pastor /church leader training here at RAU. After completion, we will have a total of 36 beds for guests attending training. Since our move we have had 19 four-day leadership retreats. Pray for the continuation of this 2 Timothy 2:2 vision
- Work on expanding our bedroom will be finished soon. Living in our place of ministry gives only our bedroom as a place of privacy. With this expansion into the veranda we will no longer have to use the bed as a desk. We will have a small kitchenette, working areas for both Carol and me, a shower (still no hot water though), place for the bed , a small table and sitting area. It will go a long way in helping us stay healthy here long term.
- Our agricultural outreach in the area has really blossomed and given a wide open door for ministry in the local community. We have a weekly 2-hour Agricultural call-in program with , Emma, who is a “man of the soil” and has been trained well. It is fashioned after the garden showed I used to listen to on San Antonio’s WOAI AM 1200 on Saturday mornings. Our 17 acres is also serving as demonstration plot on how one can make money with the fertile, God-given land in area. We also dedicate one whole day to Ag training in our leaders’ retreats to equip them, as most all have to make money off their gardens while being church leaders. The positive feedback from the community has been overwhelmingly positive.
- I continue to have an open door to preach on the local and powerful, private (non-christian) radio station.
There are many other things but the list would get too long. Without a doubt, both Carol and I believe God has been preparing us all our lives for what we are doing now. While we often face challenges and trials, they are not near the level of joys!
The Grace of God
For those who have asked, small packages and letters may safely be sent to:
Jacob & Carol Lee, PO. 55, Moyo Uganda, East Africa
The greatest evil is having the gospel and not doing everything within our power to get it to those who do not have it. (Jacob Lee)
Tax deductible charitable donations may be made via PayPal. PayPal also has a way to make reoccurring monthly gifts. To do so please click their link below. PayPal deducts a small amount from each gift as a processing fee. All gifts given through PayPal are now tax deductible as Reaching Africa’s Unreached has 501 c3 tax exempt status as a charitable organization. If you wish to write a check you may write it out to R.A.U. and mail it to Lifegate Missions, 395 Lifegate Ln., Seguin Texas 78155.
2 thoughts on “Praise the Lord!”
Jacob and madam Carol God bless you. I am extremely happy for the water project in the disadvantaged place of Metu
Thank you! God is good and He is good all the time!
Comments are closed.